Although I don’t believe that it got cold enough here to make me yearn for Spring, there is no denying that it is on its way. First indication: all of the new nail colors (inspired by Spring 2012 runway looks!) that are starting to hit stores. I have selected the runway’s top five trends and my favorite polishes for each.
Nowhere was purple more prevalent than in Prabal Gurung’s Spring 2012 collection. Those lovely shades translate beautifully to nails, in shades ranging from pastel to vibrant to muted.
- Main Image – NARS Diamond Life
- Left – Essie To Buy or Not to Buy
- Center – Lancome Violet Groove
- Right – Dior Vernis Purple Mix
This season’s neon look is a modern interpretation of your 80s favorites, but a bit more sophisticated and subdued.
- Main Image – Nicki Minaj for OPI Did It To ‘Em
- Left – Butter London Disco Biscuit
- Center Left – Deborah Lippmann On the Beach
- Center Right – Essie Orange It’s Obvious
- Right – Perfect Formula Pollen
Pastels are also getting a makeover this season. Though still pretty and polished, cliché candy colors have been replaced by beautiful sherbet tones.
Glitter got an update this spring with the introduction of 3D holographics. I have tried these types of polishes by OPI, Nicole, Sally Hansen and China Glaze – all were disappointments. The brands that pull the look off flawlessly? Deborah Lippmann and Essie.
- Main Image – Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop
- Top Left – Deborah Lippmann Mermaid’s Dream
- Top Center – Deborah Lippmann Do Ya Think I’m Sexy?
- Top Right – Deborah Lippmann Forget You
- Bottom – Essie LuxEffects in As Gold As It Gets, Shine of the Times, A Cut Above, Set in Stones and Pure Pearlfection
Green will be a very popular color in 2012, but think pretty pistachio for the spring instead of forest and hunter hues.
- Main Image – Butter London Bossy Boots
- Left – Essie Navigate Her
- Center – RGB Dew
- Right – YSL Edition 7
What will you be picking up this season?