The last time I really stood out in a crowd, I had just loudly called someone an expletive during a momentary lull in conversation within the entire bar. I don’t recommend doing that. Not because I think the person I was speaking about isn’t a total $*!^ (they are), but because people remembered the action and not the fabulous dress I was wearing. Or maybe they remembered it even more? Even so, there are much better and easier ways to stand out in a crowd.
- A pop of color makes people take notice. Seven pops of color will make those same people cringe. Pick on item (dress, shoes, lips…) to go bold with and take center stage.
- If you want to look like a million bucks, choose apparel that is truly luxe. Fabrics like jersey, chiffon, and silk-satins impact luxury and can really highlight the quality of a piece.
- Black doesn’t have to be boring. Color with texture or exceptional details such as embellishment, or embroidery add interest as does mixing different textures or finishes.
- Showing skin doesn’t have to be trashy. Longer skirt lengths and pants can be a great backdrop for showing skin. Bare the shoulders, clavicle, décolleté, or back in 70’s styles like jumpsuits and back baring halter-style tops with loose, flowy pants.
- Size does matter in jewelry with chandelier earrings, chunky chokers and wide cuffs. Chic earrings are longer and bigger. Necklaces are multi-strand or fashioned with gemstones. Cuffs are at least two inches wide.
- Know how to work the clothes and the fabrics you’re wearing. Use the best features of the clothes to show off the beast features of your body.
- Be the subject of some nasty gossip. Nobody remembers a face better than when it is paired with a salacious story. Scientifically proven FACT.
How do you like to stand out in a crowd? What do you find people most respond to? What makes you feel the most confident?